Frigstad D90 - Operational Excellence
The Frigstad D90 is a proprietary semi-submersible drilling unit design which has been purposely developed for ultra deepwater exploration & development. The general arrangement of the unit has been carefully developed utilizing the extensive practical experience of the personnel at Frigstad Engineering and Frigstad Offshore. All aspects of equipment functionality and placement have been carefully considered to ensure that each process is safe and efficient.
Frigstad D90 with AMH Dual Ramrig - Key features
- 12,000 ft water depth capacity
- 60,000 ft drilling depth capacity
- Vertical racking capacity for 10,100 ft drilling riser in 110 ft stands and 60,000 ft drill pipe in quad stands
- NOV Dual Activity Cylinder Rig with 2 x 1,400st hoisting capacity / 2x 1.250sT Top drives
- Variable deck load capacity of more than 10,000 MT. Payload excess of 18.000
- 2x 150 MT platform cranes, 2x14MT pipehanding cranes and large deck space for handling and storage of a number of fully assembled X-mas trees
- 2x BOP. 600MT BOP crane, 650MT BOP trolley. 20k ready
- Large moonpool opening of 44m x 9m
- Powerful DP3 system with 8 thrusters that enables the rig to evacuate location and transit by up to 8 - 9 knots
- Anchor winches for hook-up to pre-set mooring system
- Fully integrated cuttings storage and handling system (600 m³ / 21,189 ft³) designed to offer significant operational flexibility and cost efficiency.